Gokyo Ri Trekking gives an alternative to the traditional Everest base camp trekking. The Gokyo Lakes treks starts from Lukla after half an hour mountain flight from Kathmandu following up the Dudh Koshi River towards Namche, the gateway of Khumbu region. After Namche, you branch off from the main busy trail towards the sleepy village of Phortse Tenga, Dole, and Machhermo. The Machhermo village situated at 4465 m/14645 ft. And the village partially sheltered from the wind by steep hillside spurs to north and south and with a tremendous view of the rocky amphitheater that blocks the glen to the west. The lodge is basic but enough comfortable. Also the community building porters shelter and a health post in the village
Gokyo Lakes trek from Machhermo the view is dramatically landscape changing to broad pastures, narrow clefts with steeply climbing trails an icy stream to cross stony wastes and the banks of turns and first lake of the trail continuous to way up stone steps to the third Lake to Dudh Pokhari turquoise in color and reflecting the white face of Cho Oyu (8153 m/26741 ft) seen ahead and finally reach your ultimate destination Gokyo Lake(4750m/15580 ft) where a few tea houses are available for overnight.
- Exciting mountain flight Kathmandu / Lukla.
- Namche Bazaar gateway of Mt. Everest
- Sherpa culture and lifestyle in Khumjung
- Tranquil Gokyo lake
- Climbing Gokyo- Ri (5483m/17984ft)
- Great view of Mt Everest, Mt Lhotse, Mt Makalu, Mt Cho Oyu and other mountains from Gokyo Ri
- Excursion to the fifth lake
- Ngozumpa Glacier, the world’s biggest glacier.