Tilicho Lake Trek is one of the most beautiful and exciting short treks one can do in Nepal. It lies in Manang (Annapurna Circuit Region), and a lot of people take it as a side-trip while trekking the Annapurna Circuit. Tilicho lake is a stunning glacial lake with Tilicho peak at an altitude of 4920 meters covering a huge area of 3.5 square kilometers. Most people consider as the highest lake in the world (but actually isn’t), which however doesn’t take away the fact that Tilicho will leave you spellbound. You will experience mountains up close, culture of Manangi people, encounter breathtaking waterfalls, and walk through the wide mountain valley of Manang adorned by variety of flora and fauna.
Tilicho Lake Trek Highlights:
- You will step on the bank of Tilicho lake (4919 meters), the lake situated at the highest altitude in Nepal.
- You will traverse through the Thorong La Pass (5416 meters)- among the challenging passes in Annapurna region.
- Along with the Lake trip, you will join the route to the cultural and spiritual spot ie Muktinath temple.
- You can walk through different scattered settlements of Gurung and Thakali people and get a close insight into their everyday activities.
- The alluring views of Annapurna ranges, Tilicho Himal, Nilgiri, and other Himalayan ranges will keep you accompanied along the trek.