Nepal is the one of the most amazing country located in the Himalayas which is famous for its wide range of diversity. Geographically it is divided into three different region they are Mountain region, Hilly region and Terai region. Mountain region occupies 15% of its total area which is full of towering peaks, High desert valleys and tropical deep gorges. The Himalaya is water source for some 3 billion people living around it. Beside this Himalaya is home to many creature, flora and fauna which consist of thousands of mountains, lakes and desert which is 2400Km long in distance stretched from Brahmaputra river in the east to Indus river in west. Most of the Himalaya is located in Nepal which consists of 45% of total. Below the Himalaya there is Hilly region in Nepal which consists of 65% of the total area of Nepal and Terai located in foothill which consists 20% of the total area.
Nepal was always adventure destination among explorer. Beside this there are numerous national parks and wildlife reserve where you can enjoy Jeep safari and Elephant riding with your beloved ones. The capital city of Nepal Kathmandu is not only capital for country it’s also the dense hub for heritage, art, articture, fairs and festival. There is one proverb which reflects the cultural and heritage diversity of Kathmandu. It is said there are more temple then the number of houses and more festival then the number of days in a year.
Among the above mentioned activities trekking and hiking are the most famous activities. However these activities sounds similar but it has far difference from each other. The walking journey which lasts for one to two days is normally called hiking. The walk should be pleasant to become hike. And the walking journey which takes more than two days and requires the excessive effort is trekking. The terrain can be difficult for trekking.
Here are the best hikes of Nepal mention bellow which are as follows.
01) Dhampus hiking : several hour walk / Scenic view of Annapurna, Picturesque village, Gurung culture/ 20km drive from Pokhara to Trail head
02) Nagarkot Changunarayan hiking : Four hour walk / Scenic view of Langtang, Rolwaling and Everest / 28km drive from Kathmandu to Nagarkot
03) Sarangkot hiking : Several hour walk / Scenic view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Pokhara valley, Phewa lake/ 10km drive from pokhara
04) Nagarjuna hill hiking: few hour walk / Scenic view of Kathmandu valley, Langtang range, Ganesh Himal range/ 5km drive from Thamel Kathmandu to Nagarjuna gate.
05) World peace stupa hiking : Few hour walk / Scenic view of Pokhara valley, Phewa lake, Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri range / 5km drive from Pokhara