The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is not easy and definitely not for the faint-hearted. Before you set off on your adventure, make sure to become the fittest version of yourself. There’s no need to be able to run a marathon, however, some hiking experience is necessary. At least, if you want to enjoy your hike to Annapurna Base Camp that is!
The starting point of the Annapurna Base Camp Trek is the beautiful city of Pokhara, which lies just 5 to 6 hours away from the capital. You can reach Pokhara city from Kathmandu via road or via plane as well. The easy accessibility of the trek makes it an ideal choice for many trekkers as the chances of any flight cancellations or delays are greatly reduced. The trekking journey is also massively feasible with good communication services and safety. Annapurna Base Camp is a real trekking experience for all trekking enthusiasts.
The best time to trek the Annapurna Base Camp is during the shoulder seasons of either April – May (Spring) or October – November (Autumn) which are considered to be pre-monsoon and before winter respectively. The weather is mildly hot during the day while hiking and cold at night depending on the altitude. There is also less chance of rain during this time and you will like to get clear days consecutively which is perfect for hiking.
- Trek to fantastic Annapurna Base Camp for close up views of some famous big time peaks
- We sleep the night out in luxurious Himalayan lodges, and comfortable cosy teahouses higher up the trail with several added delightful services included
- An epic Himalayan outing through classic high mountain scenery to enter the heart of the Annapurna
- Whirlwind Heritage tour in Kathmandu and two nights in luxurious 3* hotels
- Rhododendron forest and moderate stone step trail
- Remarkable hospitality